CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

dimecres, 13 de maig del 2009

3th Oral Presentation






TOPIC: WATER

Presentation:
1. Did you use any resources? Yes, powerpoint.
2. Were the resources relevant and attractive? Yes.

Body language and eye contact:
3. Did you look at your audience most of the time? Not most of the time, sometimes I was seeing to the paper.
4. Did you read from your notes? A little.
5. Did you do any gestures/movement to hold the attention of you audience? No

Structure:
6. Did you organize your ideas in order of importance? Yes.
7. Did you use discourse makers to make your ideas more clear? A little.

Content:
8. Did you introduce interesting, NEW information to your audience? I think that yes.
9. Did you look up information/facts/ideas in the Internet/books? Yes.
10. Was your information more superficial or more detailed and original? A little of everything.

Language:
11. Did you use check your grammar? Yes.
12. Did you use rich vocabulary looking up the dictionary? Yes.
13. Did you use sentence linkers? A little.
14. Did you use fillers? A little.

Pronunciation & Intonation:
15. Did you know how to pronunce all you words? Not most of them, but yes.
16. Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classmate or the teacher? No
17.Did you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? The same tone all the time.
18.Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions? With breaks and interruptions.

Self-Evaluation: If I was the teacher, I would put a maximum of 7.

The literal transciption:

Hello everybody,we are the famous Carrera and Pau, and today we want to talk about the water, her problems in the world and his causes.

Firstly we will talk about the problems that happen around the world when there is a lot of water or when involve don’t have enough water to survive.
Well, we can see in this image that the men are made up with a 60% of water, a baby is made up with a 83% and the woman with a 45%.

Here we can see a map with availability of the water around the world, and in Catalonia we can see that it is approaching physical water scarcity

[Laura Carrera]

When we haven't got any water, I think that it's one of the biggest problems of the world because the people can produice a dehydration in the body. An other causes are desertification for example, because the plants, the animals and humans cannot survive because the water is essencial for our body, animals and plants.

The fault of water is other problem for some diseases that can produce in our lives and because when we drink water contaminated it can produce diseases or other things.

Well, at the last we can see the dehydration that it's other problem that can produce this fault of water. The countries that we ca see this problem is Africa and Asia.


Check your Language and Structure.

Can you correct your mistakes?
Yes, I can; I think that for my next oral presentation, I must be relaxed and look my audience. I must pronounce ALL my words too.

My impression about this presentation compared to the other presentations you have done in first batxillerat:

I think that I've learnt very much with the presentations orals, because it produced that you must develope a topic and it causes that you learn this language.

This presentation, compared to the first that I did, is better because I don't read very much from the paper and I've utiliced new vocabulary. In my opinion, I've improved.